MNA SHOP & SLOP CHEST
TERMS & CONDITIONS (T&Cs)
- When you, our customer, place an order, whether by phone, letter, fax or online, you are offering to buy one or more items for the price stated on the price list. Prices are subject to change so please ask if you are uncertain. (Our prices were adjusted in June 2017). Postage and Packaging then needs to be added to the item(s) price. Unless otherwise stated the prices include VAT at 20%.
- The prices shown for each item are accurate but errors may occur. If we discover an error in the pricing of the product in your order we will inform you as soon as possible using the contact details that you supply. We will then give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct total price or you may choose to cancel your order at that time.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to regularly review the MNA’s T&Cs for our shop as well as understanding that prices may change without notice. Continued use of our MNA Shop indicates acceptance of our T&Cs and current prices.
- In most cases you are required to pay the full amount of their order before we arrange for delivery. Personalisation of orders, such as shirts, need to be paid before any personalisation is undertaken. You will receive an invoice confirming your order and what you need to pay.
- We will try to keep our stock levels up to date but cannot guarantee that a particular product will always be available…cloth beret badges are ordered from abroad for instance.
- Any special offers will only be available while stocks last. Gift Sets are the only special offers that will be available throughout the year.
- Please place orders in plenty of time to prevent disappointment, especially for special events.
- Delivery outside UK may be subject to local import taxes and they remain the customer’s responsibility. If difficulties are experienced we may be unable to offer a refund especially if the order is not returned to us.
- Customer’s orders will be dispatched by Royal Mail or courier. Our couriers will require a signature and generally operate between 0900 and 1700 on weekdays, so please ensure you supply a delivery address with your order. Please also ensure there is someone available to sign for your order between those times.
- We will make every effort to have your order delivered within 21 working days of receipt of payment. We will not be liable for any loss caused to you by a late delivery.
- In the event of your order not being delivered within 21 working days from receipt of payment please contact us immediately by telephone and/or email. We will take steps to trace your order and try to make sure it is delivered as soon as possible. If you wish you may cancel your order, at this time, and we will refund the money you have paid. Please note that Royal Mail items usually arrive within 5 days from dispatch. Royal Mail also state that only items still not delivered after 15 working days can be officially classified as lost.
- The MNA makes a commitment to protecting the privacy of all our customers in line with the Data Protection Act 1989 and the new EU GDPR (from May 2018).
- We will try to attend to all returns as soon as practically possible.
- If you are unhappy with an item it must be returned within 10 days in an unused state complete with any packaging and all components. We will refund the price you paid minus any postage or packaging. You will be required to pay for the return postage of the item or items. Personalised products, as previously detailed, are excluded from being returned for any refund.
- Faulty or damaged items or items with defects will be replaced free of charge or you can choose to have a refund for the price of the item or items. Please obtain a “proof of posting certificate” from your Post Office to enable us to record and process the refund. You will be responsible for the return item or items until they reach us.
- Under the EU’s Distance Selling Regulations (DSR’s) you have the right to cancel an order within 7 working days of our receipt of the your order. If you wish to cancel an order, under the DSR, we ask that you give written notification to the MNA’s Supply Officer and make telephone contact to discuss your concerns. We will then arrange a full refund.
- We will not refund your costs in returning any item to us and any other costs associated within the purchase of the item UNLESS you are returning the item to us because of an error on our part or because it is faulty AFTER the 7-day period.
- These terms shall not limit any rights you might have as a consumer under applicable law nor shall they exclude the MNA’s liability for death or personal injury resulting from its negligence nor any fraudulent representation. The MNA will not be liable, in any amount, for failure to perform an obligation under this agreement if such failure is caused by the occurrence of any unforeseen event beyond our reasonable control, including internet outages, communication outages, fire, flood war or act of god.
- The MNA will seek to provide all our customers with a responsive and courteous service conducted with reasonable skill. We do not give guarantees, warranties or representations in respect of any other person’s services.
- In no event will the MNA be liable for any damages, including without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from use whether in action of contract, negligence or other tortuous option arising out of or in connection with the use of our websites.
- These T&Cs constitute the full agreement between the customer and the MNA Shop and Slop Chest. They may only be amended in writing and with the majority agreement of the MNA’s National Council.
- All MNA Branches that engage in the purchase and sale of goods and services must also comply with all requirements of DSRs. They are also legally required to agree their own T&C’s to avoid any possible litigation resulting from disputes in relation to goods and/or services. Branches engaged in this activity must also ensure their insurance cover is adequate to meet the needs of all possible outcomes from the purchase, storage, sale and return of goods and services.
- Any suggestions for new items to be introduced or improvement in service would be most welcome. Please send your written suggestions to our MNA National Chairman.
- The name Merchant Navy Association is Trademarked, as are all the proprietary items that display an MNA logo. No other person or group may copy or reproduce these items without the written consent of the MNA’s National Council.